Donnerstag, März 01, 2007

MM01

My fellow foodblogger in Singapore Elena has announced a new event: . Since she has invited me to participate I thought back and forth and there were so many ideas running through my head. But I'm sure this won't be the last Muffin Monday so I decided to lean back and keep my other "recipes" in mind for another opportunity Monday.
For this first event I made something German:

Black forest cherry muffins




Not only because I'm German, no even because the cherries remind me to cherry blossoms and they remind me to spring and...
The ingredients last for 12 muffins if you do not intend to bake a only one.


Ingredients:

200gcanned cherries, preferably preserved in alcohol (- only for adults)
260 gflour, I used an unbleached organic all-purpose one as almost always
2½ tspbaking powder
½ tspbicarbonate of soda
3 Tbspcocoa powder, preferably unsweatened
4 Tbspchopped chocolate with a high cocoa content, or dark chocolate drops (I used my dark couverture from Michel Cruizel, as well for the topping flakes - "chop" the chocolate with a steak hammer, and a plastic bag and make flakes with a parmesan grater )
2eggs
120 gbrown sugar, I used my fine grinded muscovado light - if you like it sweeter take the same amount white caster sugar
125 gunsalted butter at room temperature
220 gbuttermilk

6 Tbsp"Kirschwasser" a cherry schnaps (If you don't use "alcoholisized" cherries and if there are no childrens around wanting to eat those muffins later on. Otherwise you can use cherry juice instead.)

300gheavy/whipping cream
1¼ Tbspvanilla sugar
chocolate flakes
12mince sprigs
12fresh or canned cherries


Preparation:


Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Prepare the baking molds for your muffins either by greasing them or lining out some paper muffin cases in the molds of your tray/forms.
Let the cherries drain in a strainer with a bowl underneath. Cut huge cherries in half.


Mix the dry ingredients together except the sugar.
Whish the eggs until even and add the sugar, butter, and the buttermilk and mix together until well combined.
Pour the dry mixture into the egg batter and stir just a little bit, adding carefully the cherries.




Fill the batter in the mould and bake the muffins for about 20 to 25 minutes ur until brown.







Let them rest for 10 minutes in the mould before you take them out for cooling.



Drizzle the alcohol or juice over the muffins.


Whisk the cream and the flavoured sugar until firm. Decorate each muffin with a dollop of the cream. Sprinkle some chocolate flakes over them. Arrange the mint leaves and cherries on top.























Could anybody tell me, where my muffins have gone whilst I took the pics?







4 Comments:

At 02 März, 2007 12:18, Anonymous Anonym said...

Oh My!! Sie sind TOTAL Wunderschön! They are the prettiest muffins I've ever seen! They take my breath away! I am sure they taste even better than they look! Thank you for your super wunderbar contribution to Muffin Monday!!

 
At 02 März, 2007 14:43, Blogger Brigitte said...

非常感谢 xiè xie nǐ

 
At 03 März, 2007 08:59, Blogger Brilynn said...

I wish I had a pretty cake dome like yours! And then some of your tasty muffins to eat!

 
At 07 März, 2007 20:20, Anonymous Anonym said...

Congratulations! Let's face another roundup!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home